Making the decision to 'go commercial' with your blog is a big one. One of the most common dilemmas for educationalists, is 'Will it be worth the money?' This quick tutorial will show you how to add Google AdSense to your blog and should give you some idea of how much money it will help you to make.
How to add Google AdSense
- Inserting AdSense advertisements to blogs made with blogger is very simple. Just log im and go to your blogger dashboard. Here you should see a 'Monetize' link.
- Clicking a the link will take you to a page where you can choose where the ads are inserted into your blog.
- You can change and customize these later so don't worry too much about which you choose. Once you've made your choice click on 'Next'.
- This will take you to the part of the site where you create your AdSense account. This is quite a simple process.
- You just need to add some information about your location and where you would like the payment sent to. You need to enter a physical address and your payments will be sent by cheque.
- Once you have created an account you will see your payment details and how much money your blog has generated each time you click on the 'Monetize' link on your blog.
- It could be a while before your account is approved and your earnings start to show.
- Once your daily earnings start displaying you can click on 'AdSense Reports' link to find out more about your earnings and get more data.
So now the question that everyone asks.
How much money will Google AdSense make for youThis will vary enormously depending on the type of site you have and the kinds of marketing it can attract, but to use my own blogs as an example, I'm averaging around £0.50 per 1k page impressions. So to make £100 I'll need to get around 200k page impressions.
This of course isn't that great, but it is early days and this isn't the only way you can generate money from your blog.
How about you?
- Have you tried using Google AdSense on your blog?
- Have you tried other ad revenue generation?
- Do you think it is a worthwhile way to generate revenue?